Saturday, October 29, 2011

Today we are headed to Fond du Lac for a funeral.  Our daughter-in-law's Mom died of cancer on Monday.  She was such a nice lady....unfair.  She was fine until the end of this last July.  She was having a hard time breathing..went to the doctor and found out she was full of cancer.  Since then it has been a terrible journey for her...pain - surgeries - sadness....now she is at rest.

When you think about it Life is so short ... we only get one go around.  Lately I am wondering what took me so long to realize that?  Was it age or the fact that I was too busy to think about it?  Who knows! 

Have you every noticed how funerals bring out the good and the bad in us.  They bring back unhappy memories...but they also make us thankful that we have our loved ones with us.   So today is a very difficult day for my family.  My husband deals with pain in a very grumpy way...I act like nothing is wrong ...guess knowing that has made us last for over 30 years. 

Thanks
The Glass Lady

To everyone that is dealing with or has lost a loved one from cancer....you are in my thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I agree that funerals do bring out the best and worst in us at the same time; anger, resentment, pain, sorrow...

    Please know your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terribly sorry for your loss and I will be praying for your family. Wishing you the best!

    I hopped over to your blog from the Hoppin Weekend blog hop, and I'm your newest follower on GFC, I would love it if you could check out my blog sometime too and follow back!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sarah Kay
    @ http://magicallifeofmamas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi The Glass Lady,

    I'm so sorry to learn about your loss. Death is one of the best reminders for us that life is truly short, isn't it? Sad as it may seem but it tells us, the ones who are still living, to live our lives to the fullest and to cherish the people we love while they are still with them. Will include you and your family in my prayers.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for deciding to leave a comment.....!